The EPA has a “Plan.” Actually, it is referred to as the “FY 2011-2015 Strategic Plan.” The plan is being promoted as the blueprint for advancing EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson’s Seven Priorities.
What caught my attention was goal number 5, “Enforcing Environmental Laws.” If environmental enforcement begins in earnest, is the regulated community prepared? Of course the question is, is this saber rattling or a harbinger of real enforcement?
“The Plan” includes the following five strategic goals
- Goal 1: Taking Action on Climate Change and Improving Air Quality
- Goal 2: Protecting America’s Waters
- Goal 3: Cleaning Up Communities and Advancing Sustainable Development
- Goal 4: Ensuring the Safety of Chemicals and Preventing Pollution
- Goal 5: Enforcing Environmental Laws